Position Overview: As a degreed accountant at a local CPA (Certified Public Accountant) office, you will be responsible for performing various accounting tasks, providing financial analysis, and assisting clients with their accounting needs. This role requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and regulations, as well as proficiency in financial software and tools. You will work closely with clients, colleagues, and senior accountants to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and analyze financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and other financial reports, adhering to relevant accounting standards (such as GAAP) and ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Tax Preparation and Planning: Assist clients with tax compliance by preparing tax returns, reviewing documentation, and identifying tax planning opportunities to minimize liabilities. Stay up to date with changing tax laws and regulations.
- Bookkeeping and General Accounting: Maintain accurate financial records for clients, including recording transactions, reconciling accounts, and managing accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Audit Support: Assist in audit engagements by preparing audit schedules, conducting internal control reviews, and providing necessary documentation to auditors.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis, interpret data, and provide insights to clients regarding their financial performance, profitability, and potential areas of improvement.
- Client Relationship Management: Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring excellent customer service and addressing their accounting and financial queries.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated on accounting regulations and industry best practices to ensure clients' adherence to relevant standards, including but not limited to tax compliance, financial reporting, and internal control procedures.
- Software Proficiency: Utilize accounting software, spreadsheets, and other financial tools effectively to streamline accounting processes, maintain accurate records, and generate reports for clients.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues and senior accountants within the CPA office to collaborate on projects, share knowledge, and ensure consistency in accounting practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field. CPA certification is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working in a CPA firm or public accounting environment is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel, ERP systems).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive financial information.