Local Advocacy Group / Corporate Secretary
Pay: $9/hr. for training (20hr) / $15/hr. after training completion
Hours: 3-12 hours / week + training hours.
- Take minutes, prepare written record of minutes, and submit for approval.
- Ensure that all corporate records are filed in the corporate record books.
- Develop a table of contents for milestones and key dates/decisions for corporate records.
- Assist with board communications, including notice of meetings, making copies and preparing folders.
- Plan or help plan, set up and clean up for board functions and events.
- Assist with new board member orientation, training, and development.
- Maintain a record of board training and professional development.
- Commit to ongoing training.
- Provide internally approved documents necessary for technology upgrades and audits.
- Update policies in the policy handbook.
- Respond to requests by members of the board of directors in a timely manner.
- Set up, facilitate, and manage virtual meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and communication at all times, respond appropriately in situations according to internal and external protocols, and support SGA mission, policies, training, and events.
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality.
- Prepare for and assist with outreach and fundraising events.
- Reliable to work as scheduled with a willingness to remain flexible for changes in time, duties, and work site.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and using a trauma-informed and victim-centered approach in working with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must like children, youth, and adults because they are the individuals who we serve, directly and indirectly.
- Must like dogs, as one or more dogs are in training to become therapy dogs. Dogs may be present in the office or at events.