Local Heating & Air Conditioning Company / Shipping & Receiving/Carpentry Specialist
Hours: M-F 8-5
Shipping and Receiving / Carpentry Specialist
Job Overview: The Shipping and Receiving / Carpentry Specialist plays a crucial role in managing the shipping and receiving operations while also providing carpentry support as needed. This position combines logistics and woodworking skills to ensure efficient handling of incoming and outgoing materials and maintain carpentry-related tasks when required.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Receive incoming shipments, verify their contents, and inspect for damage.
Accurately record and label received items, and ensure they are stored in the appropriate location.
Prepare outgoing shipments, including packaging, labeling, and completing shipping documentation.
Maintain a well-organized and tidy shipping and receiving area.
Monitor and track inventory levels and report shortages or discrepancies.
Assist in the development and implementation of efficient shipping and receiving processes.
- Perform carpentry tasks such as measuring, cutting, shaping, and assembling wood materials.
Construct and repair wooden structures, furniture, or fixtures according to specifications.
Use hand and power tools, such as saws, drills, and sanders, safely and effectively.
Interpret blueprints, drawings, or written instructions to complete carpentry projects.
Ensure the quality and precision of finished products through attention to detail.
Maintain carpentry tools and equipment, keeping them in good working condition.
Collaborate with other team members to plan and execute carpentry projects as needed.
Safety and Compliance:
- Follow safety guidelines and best practices in all tasks related to shipping, receiving, and carpentry.
Adhere to relevant regulations, including OSHA and shipping regulations.
Participate in safety training and promote a safe working environment.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records.
Monitor inventory levels and notify management of reorder needs.
Conduct regular stock counts and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Collaborate with team members, supervisors, and other departments to ensure smooth operations.
Communicate effectively regarding shipment statuses and carpentry project progress.
Report any issues, delays, or problems promptly to the appropriate parties.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional vocational training in carpentry is a plus.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving operations and carpentry work is preferred.
- Proficiency in using carpentry tools and equipment safely.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail and precision in work.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and stand for extended periods.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations.